Blue Season Eco Master Scuba Diver Internship
The perfect internships if you are not ready to go pro yet, but still want to get a taste of the lifestyle of a scuba diver! This internship is all about diving, diving, diving! The internship is build around 5 PADI Specialties: Project AWARE, Coral Reef Conservation, AWARE Fish ID, Underwater Naturalist, and AWARE Shark Conservation. Apart from that, the only other thing you will do is diving! You will spend most of your time exploring Bali’s world-class diving, and bringing the obtained knowledge into practice. The PADI Specialties we will conduct during this 1 month internship are:
Project AWARE Specialty Course
Project AWARE Foundation is the scuba diving industry’s leading nonprofit environmental organization dedicated to conserving the aquatic environment through education, advocacy and action. Besides completing the Project AWARE Specialty course, you can become a partner in the efforts to preserve the underwater environment.
- The ocean commons and coastal zone issues
- Fisheries challenges and sustainability
- Coral environment overview and inhabitants
- The role of the scuba diver in protecting aquatic environments
Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Course
The AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course teaches you about the vital role of coral reefs in the marine environment. The course also familiarizes you with the current state of the world’s coral reefs and how you can help. You will learn about the Project AWARE Foundation and :
- How coral reefs function
- Why they are so important
- Why many reefs are in serious trouble
- What you can do to prevent further decline
Fish ID Specialty Course
During two dives you gain hands-on (okay, eyes-on) experience in looking for and identifying the fascinating fish you see underwater. You’ll learn :
- How to identify characteristics of local fish families and species
- Fish survey techniques and strategies
- How to practice fish identification dive planning, organization and procedures
Underwater Naturalist Diver Specialty Course
Learn about why some creatures behave the way they do and what their role is in the aquatic ecosystem.
- The major aquatic life groupings, interactions and factual information that dispels negative myths.
- The role of aquatic plants, food chains and predator prey relationships
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life
- The underwater naturalist’s view of organisms and their roles in the environment
AWARE Shark Conservation Diver Specialty Course
In a classroom session you will learn about
- Biology of sharks
- The values of sharks
- Common misperceptions
- Management tools to protect sharks
Also we have included some local information on sharks in Bali. As part of this new specialty course we also conduct 2 dives where we hope to find sharks!
To get your PADI Master Scuba Diver rating, you should have:
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- PADI Rescue Diver or Junior Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 50 logged dives (you will get around 40-50 dives during your MSD Internship)
- 12 years old
Don’t meet the prerequisites yet? Don’t worry, we can teach all required courses here in our dive center.
Eco Master Scuba Diver price
Put this with unlimited diving , accommodation and the Master Scuba Diving rating and you have an action packed adventure in Bali, all for only USD 2300
Eco Master Scuba Diver Schedule
You can start the Eco Master Scuba Diver internship any day! During your 4 weeks with Blue Season you will be doing 5 PADI Specialties and a lot of fun diving! For the fun dives we don’t have a fixed schedule, however we will make you can dive every day to visit our most popular dive sites such as Nusa Penida, Tulamben, Amed and Padang Bai.
- All PADI specialty courses listed for each internship.
- All materials and certification fees.
- 1 month accommodation - All accommodation is located close to our dive center and central sanur. Check our more details here about our accommodation .
- Unlimited Diving during your internship - valued over USD2000.
- All your PADI application fees for the Master Scuba Diver level.
- Free wireless broadband Internet access in our dive center.
- Return Transportation from the Airport in Denpasar, Bali.
- Excellent rates on SCUBA equipment at our retail center on our major brands: Aqualung, Seaquest, Deep Sea and more.
- Diver Insurance - for your entire stay in Bali.
- Lunch and drinking water - on all diving days.
- Equipment rental - as a PADI Divemaster you would be expected to have your own mask, snorkel, fins and boots. We will supply you with a BCD, regulator, wetsuit, tank and weights. We also advise that you have your own dive computer as this is not included in the equipment rental yet is a vital piece of equipment for any dive professional.
If you are ready to book you program, please spend a few minutes reading about the internship experience , we don’t want there to be any surprises for your when you arrive.
To confirm your place in our PADI Internship program or to learn more about our various internship programs, please .