Become an ECO Friendly Diver
For those divers who are focused on the environment and want to make an impact on protecting our unique marine ecology should look at our ECO Internships.
Project AWARE Specialty Course
Project AWARE Foundation is the scuba diving industry’s leading nonprofit environmental organization dedicated to conserving the aquatic environment through education, advocacy and action. Besides completing the Project AWARE Specialty course, you can become a partner in the efforts to preserve the underwater environment.
You learn about:
- The ocean commons and coastal zone issues
- Fisheries challenges and sustainability
- Coral environment overview and inhabitants
- The role of the scuba diver in protecting aquatic environments
AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Course
The Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course teaches you about the vital role of coral reefs in the marine environment. The course also familiarizes you with the current state of the world’s coral reefs and how you can help.
You will learn about the Project AWARE Foundation and :
- How coral reefs function
- Why they are so important
- Why many reefs are in serious trouble
- What you can do to prevent further decline
Project AWARE Shark Conservation Course
This course will spark your passion for these magnificent creatures and provide you with the knowledge to help defend them.
Why study sharks?
- As apex predators, sharks are at the top of the marine ecosystem. Which means that they play a crucial role in maintaining population balance and the health of the ocean.
- Live sharks are also an important tourist draw in many parts of the world.
- Shark populations are in sharp decline due to overfishing; many species of sharks are near extinction.
- Public ignorance and commonly held misconceptions only contribute to the problem.
- The global impact of losing our sharks will be profound.
- We can improve matters by educating one person at a time.
What will learn from this course
- Greater appreciation for one of the planet`s oldest creatures
- An understanding of what actions you can personally take to protect sharks.
- The knowledge to become an ambassador for sharks, able to influence those around you.
- New insight into shark behaviour
PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty Course
Learn about why some creatures behave the way they do and what their role is in the aquatic ecosystem.
- The major aquatic life groupings, interactions and factual information that dispels negative myths.
- The role of aquatic plants, food chains and predator prey relationships
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life
- The underwater naturalist’s view of organisms and their roles in the environment
AWARE Fish ID Specialty Course
During two dives you gain hands-on (okay, eyes-on) experience in looking for and identifying the fascinating fish you see underwater. You’ll learn :
- How to identify characteristics of local fish families and species
- Fish survey techniques and strategies
- How to practice fish identification dive planning, organization and procedures
Options and Excursions
Optionally, you can add other PADI Specialty Courses or weekend trips to you program.
Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Course
The fun part of this course is giving your dive skills a polish you may not have thought possible.
- How to trim your scuba gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water
- Nuances in determining weight so you’re not too light nor too heavy by even a slight degree
- How to streamline to save air and move smoothly through the water
- How to hover effortlessly in both a vertical position and a horizontal position
Weekend Excursion to Menjangan National Park
Menjangan National Park is located in North West Bali. We have a special partnership with The Menjangan , the only resort located within the boundaries of this amazing ecological reserve. Our Special 3 day excursion includes diving in Bajul Bay , home of the Mandarin fish , and diving around Menjangan Island , famous for its clear water and impressive wall dives.
Email us today to explore your options.
Combined all these courses with unlimited diving, accommodation and much more. You will find that Blue Season Bali offers the best ECO Internships in the world .
If you’re still not quite sure, just click to see what your day-to-day scuba diving internship will be like! We are here to answer any question you may have about our internship courses.